Who can harvest rainwater?
- Ideally rainwater harvesting is for any person planning to build a house or who is in the process of building a house on an independent plot in Bangalore.
- It makes ecological and financial sense not to waste a pure natural resource available in large quantity on one’s roof.
- In the case of a homebuilder, at an initial stage of construction, investments in time, design and money are minimal for adopting roof rainwater harvesting.
- Ground water sources are increasingly getting depleted or are getting polluted. Borewells are either silting up, getting short of water or are drawing polluted water.
- Private purchase of water from tankers is unreliable in quality and is also expensive.
- It encourages water conservation and self-dependence.